Quick Roundup 240

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

One Foot after the Other ...

Mike N discusses how infants learn to walk.

When babies take their first steps they usually crash into whatever is in front of them, if nothing, then fall down. This may put a temporary dent in their self confidence, but from which they usually recover in a few days. This happened to my grand daughter, trying to take more than 4 steps she crashed into a chair (no harm done). For about a week she would only take about two steps, then sit down and crawl the rest of the way.
This is interesting, but there is something else here, too. This sounds clumsy, but I'll say it anyway -- I find the perseverance here warmly inspirational.

The road to ruin ...

... is paved with intervention. I meant to mention this post yesterday, but got in a hurry and left it out: Be sure to read "The Road to Ruin" on how thoroughly government ownership of roads undermines private property and buffers utilities from market forces.

Very well thought-out.

WoPSR.net merits a daily visit.

Lou Costello buys a computer.

My father-in-law passed a very funny skit along to me via email. Here's how it starts:
ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?

COSTELLO: Thanks. I'm setting up an office in my den and I'm thinking about buying a computer.

ABBOTT: Mac?

COSTELLO: No, the name's Lou.

ABBOTT: Your computer?

COSTELLO: I don't own a computer. I want to buy one.

ABBOTT: Mac?

COSTELLO: I told you, my name's Lou.

ABBOTT: What about Windows?

COSTELLO: Why? Will it get stuffy in here?
The rest is here.

-- CAV

2 comments:

Michael Neibel said...

"I find the perseverance here warmly inspirational."

So do I!

Mike N.

Gus Van Horn said...

... and I kinda needed something like that this morning, so thanks for your post!