Site Maintenance

Sunday, October 28, 2007

I finally got around to some of the site maintenance I mentioned the other day. Here are the highlights:

  • The list of favorite posts has been updated, with everything added since March 25 preceded by the word "new" as with the last few additions to the blogroll.
  • At the upper left of that page, you will see a new entry in the Table of Contents: "Recipes". Now you can find them all in one place and without having to wade through the other posts in the "Personal" category.
  • I have added the following new blogs to the sidebar: AriArmstrong.com, I know I shouldn't find this funny, Mississippi Brew, and Valzhalla. The first two and the last of these are fellow O-List-ers. Ari Armstrong writes, as I usually do, about cultural and political issues. Valda Redfern (Valzhalla) also does so, but her blog is also something of a personal journal. Doug Peltz (I know I shouldn't find this funny) embeds particularly amusing (and sometimes profound) YouTube videos at his blog. Mississippi Brew is a nicely-done blog about home brewing and craft beers by a fellow Mississippian.
  • Armchair Intellectual, by Gideon Reich, returns to the sidebar after his year-long hiatus from blogging.
  • Finally, I have added a link on the Resources page (at the lower right hand corner under "Other Resources") to the recently-posted Internet version of The Ayn Rand Lexicon, a valuable resource I have occasionally used when blogging (and won't miss copying from by hand ).
Now that I've caught up with the grunt work, I'm shooting to be able to make similar minor updates as a matter of routine every month or two, depending on which interval works best for me.

Enjoy!

-- CAV

Updates

10-29-07
: Corrected a typo.

No comments: