Downtown Train

Friday, January 22, 2010

The good news is that I'm finally mastering the complicated experiments I have to run at work. (Yes. It takes weeks of practice even for someone with experience.) The bad news is that all the overtime has come at the expense of writing time. Fortunately, I think I'm over the hump now. I ought to be able to work more regular hours soon.

That said, for this week's (abbreviated) post on things I enjoy, I'll share with you Tom Waits's "Downtown Train," from his album, Rain Dogs, which I listened to last night as I cooked dinner at 10:00 p.m., with my wife sacked out on the couch, recovering from a long night of studying yesterday.


I was tired and really jonesing to do some more substantive writing, but still enjoying the simple routine of cooking in solitude after a long, but very good day at work.

-- CAV

No comments: