Admin: Oh. So That's Where the Comments Went...

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Image via Pexels.
A reader who had left a comment on a past post mentioned doing so yesterday. So I checked my email. Nothing. I have, for years, had comments that were awaiting moderation sent to the email account associated with this blog. For whatever reason, this hasn't been happening for the past three weeks, despite working largely trouble free all that time previously.

I am looking into the problem and, meanwhile, periodically checking for comments within the comment moderation queue of my blogging software. My apologies for the lateness in posting several recent comments.

-- CAV

6 comments:

Snedcat said...

I hope you get it straightened out; I've had maybe half a dozen go missing over the last month or so.

Gus Van Horn said...

Snedcat,

Wow. I saw a Part II and a Part III to something for a Friday Hodgepodge since the problem started, so there might be a bigger problem than I thought. Thanks for speaking up.

Gus

Snedcat said...

Yo, Gus, you write, "I saw a Part II and a Part III to something for a Friday Hodgepodge..." That sounds like the only ones that haven't gone up recently.

Gus Van Horn said...

Snedcat,

They're posted now. I didn't have much time to look closely at what was going on yesterday when I discovered the problem. Thanks for saving me some legwork.

Gus

Snedcat said...

Yo, Gus, you write, "They're posted now."

Thanks! That was the second batch of comments to that post that went astray. I was too busy at the time to send a second email like I did for the first batch, I think, and then forgot about them entirely. I couldn't even have told you what was in them until I reread them (which probably tells us something about the permanence of their value).

Gus Van Horn said...

Hah! Well, I'm glad they're up now.