Blog Improvement Notes

Sunday, March 13, 2005

I've finally added image hosting (hat tip to Curtis Weeks) and trackback capabilities (hat tip to Martin Lindeskog) to my blog. While this blog is primarily a way for me to practice writing and keep abreast of the news, I've wanted to post images from time to time and have considered adding a couple of entry categories that would require this ability. Concerning the trackback, I am a little annoyed with how the footers to my posts look now, but that'll have to be an eyesore for awhile, I'm afraid. This is not so much a problem with the trackback script per se, but with my poor understanding of Blogspot templates. Suggestions are welcome.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Just to give the image hosting a whirl, I'll post an image sent in to be by a reader (who asks to be identified only as A. H.) who shares my love of ska music (both the precursor to reggae and a still-evolving genre) and has a linguistics bent. He was pretty much unfazed when I asked him whether he'd ever heard of Matisyahu, the "Hasidic Reggae Superstar" whose concert I recently attended. He hadn't, but did say this: "I expected it to be about Alan Eder ('Mr. E'), creator of 'Reggae Chanukah' and 'Reggae Passover'." Then, to make sure I remembered who knew more about my favorite kind of music, he gave me the above image, which is a compound letter in Tibetan for "ska". Ah, but has he ever heard of the Ska Brewing Company? Now there's a place I want to go! I finally have a reason to go to Colorado some day!

-- CAV

No comments: