Reason Roundup, Upcoming Newsletter

Sunday, March 13, 2005


Reason Roundup


Be sure to stop by the Charlotte Capitalist for this week's Reason Roundup, which looks even better than usual. Two of us posted on the upcoming Eat an Animal for PETA Day. I said the event should last at least a week, but be sure to read the other post. Maybe it's just me, but that post reads like its author had to be caged long enough to write it before being released into the wild to pounce upon a few unsuspecting protein sources! Partake of a convenient animal-based food like a hot dog or some beef jerky while you're on the trip, and savor the other posts as well. They're all meaty this week!

The Undercurrent

The next entry is an edited version of a column I submitted for this essay contest for Objectivist bloggers held recently by a new nationwide Objectivist newsletter (working title: The Undercurrent) for college students not yet familiar with Ayn Rand. I'd planned to post my original column here about a week ago, but since (a) arrests were made in the Armanious murders after I submitted it for the contest and (b) I became unhappy with some examples I used to introduce the concept I was discussing, I decided to post this revised version instead.

I'd also like to thank the staff of The Undercurrent (or whatever you finally name yourselves) for holding this contest. One of my goals as a blogger is to break into the business of opinion writing. This has been good experience along those lines and I appreciate the opportunity to gain national exposure that your publication offers to bloggers like myself.

-- CAV

Update (3-31-05): The final version of the column is posted at the newsletter's web site, which is, indeed, The Undercurrent.

No comments: