More Fun with Google Maps

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Google keeps making the news. Today, I learned via the Drudge Report that you can get a satellite image in lieu of a map for any address in the continental United States. Just go to Google Maps, type in the address, and then select "satellite" by clicking that word in the upper right. You can zoom in or out and otherwise move around as with a regular map. (Google Maps is in beta testing, and I've blogged other funny things you can type in before.)

Or maybe not any address just yet. I did get to see my house on a satellite image. On the other hand, while I got a map of Google Corporate Headquarters, there was no corresponding satellite image. Hmmm. Makes you wonder if they're afraid they might make it too easy for me to find out where to put the burning bag of blogger the next time Blogger acts up. Well. I haven't migrated, but that doesn't mean I can't read a map! Heh!

-- CAV

PS: See Benjo Blog on why we're all so excited over something that has actually been around for awhile.

Updates

4-7-05: Added link to the General's posting on this subject.

No comments: