August 14, 2005 Announcements

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Midweek Sampler at Ego

Martin Lindeskog, who will be on vacation in Hungary over the next couple of weeks, introduced his guest bloggers in his last Midweek Sampler at Ego. He has placed me in charge of a new feature, the daily x-rated limerick. (Just kidding, Martin!)

I am flattered that I was selected and look forward to trying my hand at a different style of blogging. This quiz, which I learned about through Martin's blog, calls me a snarky blogger. He's a pundit blogger. Assuming I get the hang of it, I'll try incorporating the style into this blog as additional posts from time to time.

Blogroll Additions

I've added three new blogs to the 'roll this week. They are:

Armchair Intellectual
, the blog of Gideon Reich, who is a regular here and comments from time to time. He's had his blog for some time, but has been on a tear lately. He's also the proud father of a new baby boy! Stop by, congratulate him, and then see what else he's been up to lately.

Stark Relief, is the blog of another commenter on this blog, John Stark. He recently made a good post about the "right" to privacy.

Thrutch is a blog by Amit Ghate and some guy from Bermuda named Rob. This looks very promising. I especially liked this post. HT: Blair.

-- CAV

4 comments:

Gideon said...

Thanks for the nice words! I'm attempting to keep up an almost daily schedule of posts with occasional in-depth ones. I'm still working on getting the quality where I want it to be but I'm hoping practice will make perfect.

Gus Van Horn said...

You're welcome. I always appreciate your comments and when I first noticed you had a blog, I wondered why you didn't post more often.

Blogging does gets easier as you get more practice, though. Making regular posts a habit helps a lot.

Gus

Amit Ghate said...

Thank you as well, Gus. I'm in the same boat as gideon, hoping that with practice both the substance and style of my posts will improve.

Gus Van Horn said...

You're welcome, Amit, and thanks for stopping by.

Gus