NOT a Frabjous Day

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Reports are that Rita will roll in about 90 miles southwest of Houston as a category 4 or 5 hurricane. This is both well within forecast error and probably close enough for us to see hurricane force winds. The latter is bad enough, and that's if the hurricane hits exactly where forecast. We're on high ground, for Houston, and so not in an evacuation zone. But we're going to leave anyway. Ironically, I was going to host a poker game Thursday night. I guess I'm not really so much of a gambler after all.

Needless to say, I won't be posting, responding to comments or email, or any of that other blogger stuff, at least for a few days.

But there is a bright side:If we lose power, our television, or our house, I won't have to listen to any more cable news hurricane coverage upon our return!

Every cloud has a silver lining!

-- CAV

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck and may the gods keep you and yours safe -- though I wouldn't count on them to help you evacuate.

Bubblehead said...

We'll be thinking about you... stay safe.

Gideon said...

Better safe than sorry. Hopefully, your property won't sustain any damage.

Martin Lindeskog said...

Gus,

Take care out there!

To the weather god Thor: Don't mess with Texas!

All the Best,

Martin Lindeskog - American in spirit.
Gothenburg, Sweden.

bothenook said...

gus, a bottle of jack, and the stones on the stereo will go a long way to making anything palatable. keep safe my friend. we're thinking good thoughts your way

SecFox HQ said...

Gus,
My best thoughts go with you. Hope you're safe and not stuck in traffic. By the way, why weren't in inbound lanes on the interestate used to evacuate? Not your question to answer, my friend, just an observation.