I'm Gonna Regret This

Saturday, January 28, 2006

'Cause this flirts with inviting (Plug your ears, Myrhaf.) meme tags.

I had a backlog of unanswered comments from yesterday, so I decided to take care of them this morning. And then I remembered seeing that both Myrhaf and Jennifer Snow played a "nameless game". I normally don't blog on Saturdays, but this diversion differs almost in kind, so my weekly break is somewhat preserved.

Here goes. For Myrhaf's benefit, I'll call it ...

The Meme Game

Four Jobs I've Had in My Life

McDonald's Crew (I love the contrast with the next three.)
Junior Officer, Los Angeles Class Nuclear Submarine
Teaching Assistant for Vector Calculus
Research Fellow

Four Movies I Could Watch Over and Over, and Have

Citizen Kane
(This captures certain elements of my sense of life perfectly.)
The Lord of the Rings
Office Space
The Austin Powers "Trilogy" (We all have our vices.)

Four Places I Have Lived

Jackson, Mississippi -- born and raised there
Rome, Italy -- semester of college
Manchester, Connecticut -- "Stranded 1n Connecticut", as they used to say in the Navy
Houston, Texas -- now

Four TV Shows I Love to Watch

I am not much of a television addict, I'm afraid.

Seinfeld
South Park
Keeping Up Appearances (This is a masterpiece of British comedy. Patricia Routledge's Hyacinth is freakin' hilarious.)
Antique Road Show (See. I'm out of ideas already. This I watch occasionally. I'd far rather blog than spend time watching television. I own the boxed sets of the other three, of which only South Park is still being produced.)

Four Places I Have Been on Vacation

Melbourne, Australia -- honeymoon
London, England -- after a scientific conference
Vinalhaven, Maine -- with relatives
St. John's, Antigua -- a port call, but I'm counting it anyway

Four Websites I Visit Daily

Netvibes (Which is how I keep up with all my favorite blogs, including Myrhaf and Literatrix.)
Drudge Report
Instapundit
Capitalism Magazine

Four Favorite Foods

Calimari
Boiled Peanuts -- a southern roadside delicacy
Raw Oysters -- a dangerous delicacy
Corn

Four Favorite Beers

How in the world could this be missing from any questionnaire about me?

Kostriker Schwartzbier -- a dark lager from eastern Germany
St Arnold's Elissa -- a local India Pale Ale
Avery Czar Russian Imperial Stout -- My review: "The iron fist of the alcohol is felt through the velvet glove of the mouthfeel."
Lindemans Gueuze -- a lambic, which I can't get in Texas

Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now

You mean, "besides Houston, Texas", right?

Melbourne, Australia
New Orleans -- before the storm
Rome
London

Four Peo--

I don't tag, but let me know if you do this one. You may leave out the beer question.

-- CAV

No comments: