Quick Roundup 2

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Andrew Dalton to Switch Blogs

Andrew Dalton announced awhile back that he plans to close down his blog, Venting Steam, and start a new blog. I'll be sad to see his old blog go, but it sounds like he might have more time to post. If his older stuff is any indication, that will be quite a treat. Stay tuned!

Next Target: Iran

Martin Lindeskog recently posted a good roundup on Iran, which reported yesterday that it can make "yellowcake", an important prerequisite for making the bomb. Meanwhile, another report has Iran "successfully" acquiring bomb-making materials and shopping around for the missile technology it needs to threaten Europe.

So when does the bombing start? When Iran decides it does or when we preempt them?

Good One at NRO

Via TIA Daily, I learned of a blogger who ripped the WaPo an new one.

In less than three weeks I organized a trip to Iraq and raised well over $33,000 as well as thousands in equipment and services. I had to be creative and sought out alternative media organizations to provide credentials, as I knew the established media would have little interest in sponsoring me. I took a leave of absence from my job, and traveled to Iraq.

I then did what many reporters in Iraq admitted to me they do not do: Embedded with frontline units to tell the stories of those serving. I saw, and reported great success, in the once-troubled areas of Western Iraq. I suppose that's a threat to the mainstream media -- a challenge to their traditional monopoly on war reporting. An upstart blogger and amateur has exceeded his pajama-clad place and done what much of the media in Iraq will not do. [bold added and Ouch! --ed]

One week ago, I published my initial response to the Washington Post article, which detailed the factual errors and logical fallacies of the piece. The Washington Post has yet to clarify their errors and misrepresentations.
Read it all!

Europe's Future

Myrhaf has posted a really good roundup on the future of Europe.

-- CAV

2 comments:

Andrew Dalton said...

Thanks for the link. My new blog, Witch Doctor Repellent, is up and running.

Gus Van Horn said...

Andrew,

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll mention it in my next roundup and, when I finally get around to straightening it out, add it to my blogroll.

Gus