Warming Jihadists

Sunday, March 11, 2007

I feel the need to make my own contribution to the terminology of the global warming debate -- if you can call a discussion in which one side extensively uses propaganda and threats a "debate"....

Timothy Ball, a former climatology professor at the University of Winnipeg in Canada, has received five deaths threats by email since raising concerns about the degree to which man was affecting climate change. [bold and link added]
But then again, since global warming, as the good Czech President so recently put it, is a religion, and so many leftists sympathize with our Islamofascist enemy anyway, perhaps they'll not even realize I'm insulting this kind of behavior by labeling it "warming jihad". Indeed, I hesitate to post this due to the prospect of seeing the phrase adopted as a badge of honor by these goons.

On a humorous note, I love the Nigel Calder quote at the end of the article: "Einstein could not have got funding under the present system."

-- CAV

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Low-tech backlink for you, Gus. I liked your term so much, I've used it already.

Anonymous said...

In addition, I think that every time someone calls us a "denier", we should simply say "We prefer to be called 'heretics', thank you."

Gus Van Horn said...

Well said!