Tuesday, May 15, 2007
It's a slow news day and I'm tired from not having AC during the wee hours. (It was just a bad circuit breaker. Hooray!) As Austin Powers once said, "I am spent."
So I'll do a random meme, courtesy of bloglines, which sent me to this blog, where a self-described "mad fabri-holic" listed seven possibly interesting things about herself.
So, here we go: Seven possibly interesting things about me.
- I have been on television twice. As a child, I appeared on the local news taking a slide at a local park. As an adult, I once again made the local news, where I said, in effect, that if Social Security were privately-run, its managers would have been convicted of fraud long ago.
- I have a Cherokee ancestor named "Little Panther".
- I lived in Texas, which shares an extensive land and water border with Mexico for over twenty years -- but had never been to Mexico until last year, when our cruise ship stopped at Cozumel!
- During graduate school, some people thought I was from Louisiana because of the animal I studied. I am not. However, my wife is -- but some people think she's British because of her accent and fair complexion!
- When I was a kid, one of my favorite pastimes was making fictitious maps.
- During college, I participated in a Call of Cthulhu role-playing game. I ended up hating it since by the time your character acquired any power or knowledge, he either got killed or wound up in an asylum!
- Right after high school graduation, a friend and I snuck into a jacuzzi at a local hotel. Not long afterwards, two really cute girls about our age got in and started talking with us. Then, suddenly, they got really odd expressions on their faces. The conversation abruptly ended. The girls left. My friend got out of the jacuzzi and began laughing so hard he balled up into a fetal position. Then I looked down and saw the common denominator between the sudden flight of the chicks and the intense mirth.... Damn! Another nosebleed!