Quick Roundup 202

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I will be making some changes to my blog template some time soon. In the process of preparing for that, I quickly ran through my blogroll last night in a hunt for dead links and ran into quite a bit of good material, some of which I pass along.

Before I start with the roundup, I will note that I did make one change to the blogroll last night. The blog formerly know as Apollo's Strategikon has become a team blog, moved, and changed its name to The Strategikon. This is where you will now find it.

James Randi vs. James Hydrick

The Resident Egoist posted awhile back on James Randi, with an embedded a video of him debunking Uri Geller and a link to this other video, in which Randi makes a complete ass of James Hydrick.


The clip is, incidentally, from the series That's My Line, which was hosted by the soon-to-retire Bob Barker.

Islam vs. Romantic Love

David Veksler posted the following picture.


Aside from being very funny on one level, it is also very sad on another. The sadness comes from the realization that Islam does such a great job of separating so many human beings from happiness on earth. The humor comes from the fact that the couple at the right are, after all, doing this to themselves.

Listen to Robert Cray!

Myron asks, "How about some blues?"


Sounds like a great idea to me! And I'll take more of the same on a CD.

Thank You, but No

This image of a sign, posted over at This Is Broken, reminds me of a Mad Magazine feature I read ages ago called "The Avenue of Broken Dreams", which was full of signs by fictional companies that went bankrupt from being badly-named.


Oh yeah. That reminds me....

-- CAV

2 comments:

Thomas Rowland said...

Thanks for pointing to Robert Cray. Marvelous

Gus Van Horn said...

You're welcome, and we can both thank Myron. I'd never heard of him, but I know what I like when I hear it.