James and Luciano

Monday, June 09, 2008

So I'm headed out of town and thinking of how I might manage to blog without always having Internet -- while waiting on some data -- and remember that I haven't re-tested Blogger's post scheduling feature, which I'd decided wasn't ready for prime time the last time I tried it.

I decide that posting a YouTube video of one of my favorite James Brown songs, "It's a Man's Man's Man's World", if I can find it, might be excuse enough to fling a test post into the ether, while also being worthwhile in and of itself.

But when I went to YouTube, the version of the song I wanted came with a still shot. What's the point of embedding that?

So I looked around and stumbled across this: James Brown and Luciano Pavarotti performing the song together.

"What the hell is this?" I thought.


But I gave it a try anyway and liked it.

Enjoy!

And now, if you will excuse my gratuitously tossing in some links that got stripped last time: If I use post scheduling again, I need to know what to expect.....

-- CAV

This post was composed in advance and scheduled for publication at 8:40 P.M. on June 9, 2008.

1 comment: