Friday Four

Friday, March 21, 2014

1. Electric Car Lingo Update: Electric cars may have only half their normal, already anxiety-provoking range in cold weather, but that has nothing to do with the new slang term, "ICEing." Nor do "frat boys" or the Smirnoff Corporation, for that matter. 

2. I'm sure the FDA will put the kibosh on claims that a pill is only five years away, but a team of scientists claims to have found a cure for jet lag.

Oh, but I see this article came out in the UK. Maybe the trick is to fly there, and buy two doses of the drug, one being for the return trip.

3. Is there anything that won't eventually end up documented in great detail on the web? If you ever built "stick bombs" as a child and want to learn more about them, go to town.

4. As I left the den to get something out of the kitchen yesterday, I overheard my two-and-three-quarters-year-old daughter tell this to my nine-month-old son: "He'll be back."

She may have kept me up all night for a week, but she's still cute!

-- CAV

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gus Van Horn's Daughter Said,

"He'll be back."

So there you go Gus. Now all you need is an Austrian accent and a Pumping Iron Regimen and your Hollywood Career is assured!

c. andrew

Gus Van Horn said...

Hmm. Looks like somebody has figured out the DVD player...