Barbara Sher on Isolation

Wednesday, November 01, 2017

A few months ago, upon hearing that I was reading Barbara Sher's book, I Could Do Anything if I Only Knew What It Was, a friend recommended the below twenty-odd minute video of her TEDx talk, titled, "Isolation Is the Dream-Killer, Not Your Attitude."


Having worked through that book, I highly recommend it, particularly to anyone who has struggled with any longstanding career-related issue. In my case, the book helped me identify why I had made a kind of error on several occasions and, more important, what I could do about it.

One strategy Sher recommends in her book is setting up a "success team" to provide support for achieving one's dreams. This video shows some of the ways it works and, I suspect, how she first formulated the idea. It also can allow you to preview both her thought process and benevolence, both of which added great value to her book.

-- CAV

No comments: