Gus Van Horn Turns One!

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

A year ago today, a scientist who was bored out of his mind during "dead time" in the lab officially gave himself a blog as a birthday gift -- late, of course -- when he wrote his first post ....

A few months ago, I figured I'd write a really long post for the occasion, but due to a strange combination of circumstances, I find myself both tired and not in much of a writing mood!

This still beats what was going through my mind last weekend, though. I'd somehow remembered the wrong date as my blogiversary and thought, as I was stuck in New Orleans without internet access or time to post, that I would fail to mark the occasion at all on the day. At least I didn't miss my own party!

I had also imagined I'd make graphs of such things as readership numbers, links to my blog, and other such milestones, but I have been a bit lax about keeping track of such things for awhile. That is probably a milestone in and of itself as well. I have statistics in a file and might pull them out for some kind of report at some point, but the logical time to do this would be around Christmas anyway.

Today, I will simply celebrate my blog's first birthday by thanking all the wonderful people I have met in the process of maintaining my own web log and following those of my fellow bloggers. Although I enjoy writing in and of itself, the friendships I have made along the way have made this pastime all the more enjoyable!

-- CAV

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, let me be the first to offer my congratulations. Happy "blogiversary" and keep up the excellent entries.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Gus! Here's to several more years of blogging!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until you get to your "Terrible Two's" -- although it's nice to see you've leaped from walking to learning to run!

Mover Mike said...

Congrats on one year under your belt. I appreciate seeing your name when I check who visited my site and always go to yours. You do great and reasoned work. Mover Mike

Alex Nunez said...

Happy Blogiversary, Gus!

This place is always an excellent read, and I enjoy it immensely.

The bloggy goodness is everywhere!

Keep up the great work, and I wish you many more years of continued success. -Alex

SecFox HQ said...

Well done, Gus. Well done. Your writing skills are improving with age ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Gus! I don't ever comment on here but I do check your amazing blog every day. Good job!

Bubblehead said...

Congrats, Gus... you're always one of my first stops during the day.