Artery Blogging

Friday, January 07, 2005

Oops! I was so busy "Artery Blogging" (or should that be "Blogging up my arteries?") that I forgot to welcome any Patriot Paradox readers who happen by. In a shameless bit of self-promotion, I entered the "King of the Blogs" contest and won a free blogad. It will run on Patriot Paradox for a week. Anyone who clicks the cracker gets sent to my blog.

The contest was, to my mind, a no-brainer. There were two blogs that were alright, but they were up against a blog by a lovely young lady who wasn't too shy about showing herself off. (Maybe memory fails me, but I recall a blog entry for the contest that, shall we say, gave Cyn's Sim more exposure than normal.) I predicted she'd get over half the points from the judges and won! Hell, I'd have bet against my own blog in that one! I see that she's been since dethroned. Long live the Queen!

Regulars, go to Patriot Paradox this week, before the ad runs out, and amuse yourselves with my amateurish graphic! I do like the text, though, and may subtitle my blog thus: "Gus Van Horn: The Rational Cracker". It touches nicely on my Southern heritage as well as my philosophical views. For posterity's sake, here's how the ad goes.


(Beneath an image of a saltine.)

Q. What is a "rational cracker"?

A. A white Southerner with a brain!

I'm Gus Van Horn. I'm a blogger from southeast Texas. I like writing about philosophical issues, primarily politics, from a pro-reason, pro-individual rights perspective. Welcome to my web log.

Not too bad, eh? At least the wife thought it was cute!

Also, my thanks to sitemaster Nick Queen for holding the contest and for the free publicity.

-- CAV

2 comments:

Cynja said...

Wow! Thanks for choosing me as your pick for the winner. I'm not dethroned yet, though, I'm keeping the crown until next week, where I have to play against some other fellows.

I'm curious about the entry that you saw, I don't remember showing off anything, except for my awful hairdo, but then again, different strokes for different folks. :p

Gus Van Horn said...

I guess in my case, the first thing to go is the memory! Congratulations, anyway!

-- Gus