Google Turns up Dollars for Dems

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I recently made a half-joking, half-serious post on whether Google might be a couple of karats short of being the gold standard for internet search engines when politics entered the picture. Both the part about Google Maps turning up Bush 43 for "liar near Washington D.C." and the part about two major conservative blogs being denied listings in Google News reminded me of something I thought I'd heard. I recalled (possibly incorrectly) that both Google founders were big Democrat donors, but couldn't turn anything up about that. (But I was googling for it! Nevertheless, I found nothing on that via Yahoo!, either.)

But via Matt Drudge comes a story about how the employees of said firm are cash cows for the Democrats. From the story: "Employees of U.S.-based search engine Google gave $207,650 to federal candidates for the 2004 elections -- virtually all of it to Democrats." Somehow, that doesn't surprise me.

-- CAV

No comments: