I'll Be Back ...

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

... for Seconds!

This story, "The Tuminator" cracks me up mainly because it looks like it will be such a rich vein for comedians.

It took Arnold Schwarzenegger years of pumping iron to build the body that won him stardom in movies such as Conan the Barbarian and The Terminator. But it has taken just two years of good living as the governor of California for the 57-year-old's shape to go somewhat belly-up.

I doubt this took just a couple of years, though. My uncle was into body-building for awhile and warned that, unless you keep up the strength regimen, you'll suffer a fate like this. It'll start turning to flab as you age.

And this story, by making me think of the nickname, "The Governator," reminds me of something I was always miffed about: our illiterate press! Back when Jesse "The Body" Ventura was governor of Minnesota, I was just waiting for some major political pundit to tatoo him with the following nickname: Jesse "The Body Politic" Ventura! If that ever happened, it never picked up steam, and I never heard about it.

But it has occurred in the blogosphere!

-- CAV

No comments: