June 12, 2005 Announcements

Sunday, June 12, 2005


Reason Roundup


This week's Reason Roundup appears at the Charlotte Capitalist.

Welcome to the Reason Roundup! Sweden's national day or Independence Day? Gitmo. Star Wars reviewed. Flying out of Chicago. Female Beauty. A beautiful mind. More...
Carnival of the Capitalists

This week's installment of the Carnival of the Capitalists is being hosted by Byrne's Marketview.
Welcome to this week's Carnival of the Capitalists! Go ahead and poke around the main site, though I'll admit that I haven't been posting nearly as much of late as I did back in, say, February, when I decided, for fun, to do five posts a day no matter what. Without further ramblings, I present the posts, in order of entry. Early bird gets the worm and all.
Carnival of the Cats

This week's installment of the Carnival of the Cats is brought to you by Music and Cats.
Sasha, Lyra, Sergei and I welcome you to the new home of Music and Cats, and to Carnival of the Cats #64, the Just Barely Out of the Boxes edition.
I thank each of the host blogs above for promoting my site.

Happy Anniversary!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

My wishes -- belated of course -- go to The General and his wife for a happy second anniversary!

Opie does it again!

If you haven't seen Ron Howard's Cinderella Man, get thee to a cinema! I can complain only about a slightly slow start and that could've just been my mood. The casting is perfect. Russell Crowe and Renée Zellweger turn in oscar-worthy performances and complement each other very well. The story is inspiring and told very well.

Every time I see a Ron Howard film, I gain more respect for the man. He wastes nothing in this film and succeeds in achieveing suspense even when the general conclusion can be predicted from the title of the film and the scantest historical knowledge of boxing.

Splendid! This gets my first blog-review A+.

-- CAV

Updates

6-13-05: Added anniverary greeting and movie recommendation.

No comments: