August 7, 2005 Announcements

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Congratulations!

I commend my friends over at Ultraquiet No More for their excellent coverage of the rescue of the Russian mini-submarine this weekend. (Personal obligations pretty much sidelined me yesterday.) Their thorough coverage earned the group blog both an Instalanche and a Malkalanche in addition to links from other major blogs.

I would also like to congratulate blog contributor Alex Nunez for -- on top of that -- getting Malkalanched this week for a post on an entirely different matter: the investigative tactics of the New York Times concerning Supreme Court nominee John Roberts.

Oh yeah.... AND I congratulate Bubblehead for his personal 'lanches on the mini-sub.

AND Rob Schumacher for getting quoted at length by Malkin! How many libs can say that they've been quoted by Malkin and had their quote followed up with "Amen to that."? ROTFLMAO!

I wasn't here yesterday for all the excitement of the rescue and the 'lanches, but it's fun just thinking about it!

Hope to be there for the next one, and may the news be just as good.

Last but not least, I thank Glenn Reynolds, Michelle Malkin, and everyone else for getting the word out about Ultraquiet No More.

Reason Roundup

This week's roundup appears at the Charlotte Capitalist.

Welcome to the Reason Roundup. Send up the Enola Gay? Air America crashing and burning. See Ernie. The art of Eric Wallis. History of the web. The truth about ozone...and more.
Midweek Sampler

Martin Lindeskog focused on foreign policy this week.

Update: Also, my belated congratulations to him for receiving an Instalanche of his own!

Blogroll Additions

I have added three blogs to the 'roll this week. They are....

Molten Eagle, the blog of Vigilis, another of the members of the Ultraquiet No More team. This week, the submarine blogger discussed submarine losses in non-combat situations. Did you know that about 2,600 men have died in such circumstances?

Existence Is Identity, the blog of Alphonse, AKA the "Resident Egoist" of Gotham. This blog emphasizes economic issues. This week, R-E posted on the deal-making that got CAFTA passed into law. $ 50 billion to win a vote is not what I like to see! America seems to have voted in a Republican Congress and gotten a Democratic one instead!

Oak Tree, the blog of college student Zach Oakes. He is doubtless, at 18, the youngest blogger I follow regularly. His claim to fame so far is his "Teaching the Impossible" series, in which he comments on the absurdities of the modern college classroom. But I was more impressed with this response to a recent criticism leveled against his blog. Young Objectivist or Young Buzz Saw? Both? Stop by and decide for yourself. As for me, I plan to "Stay tuned for more dicta!"

I think this is worth perusing as well.

Watkins Post in Capitalism Magazine

My congratulations to Don Watkins for having a version of one of his posts published over at Capitalism Magazine!

Riding Sun Has Moved

Riding Sun, the very interesting and incisive blog of the Gaijin Biker, an American motorcycle enthusiast who lives in Japan, has moved. If my frequent links to this blog haven't persuaded you to visit yet, I recommend stopping by. This blog is a favorite of mine.

-- CAV

Updates

8-8-05: (1) Added Congrats to Lindeskog and Watkins. (2) Added additional Oakes link. (3) Added note on Riding Sun move.

2 comments:

Alex Nunez said...

Thanks for the link, Gus!

Sam said...

Thanks for the mention, Gus.