News and Notes: 10-9-05

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Ham Sandwich Eve!

Don't forget that tomorrow is "Eat a Ham Sandwich (or Flaunt Pig Merchandise) for al Qaeda Day!"

Blog Roundups

Meryl Yourish was kind enough to mention tomorrow's festivities in her Around the blogosphere.

On a rare week that saw neither a Reason Roundup nor a Midweek Sampler, I posted a mega-version of my own Stroll Through the 'Roll.

It's a Girl!

I usually try to be a lot quicker to congratulate my blogospheric neighbors on their various milestones than I am being today. Be that as it may, that good guy of the blogosphere known only as the Complimenting Commenter recently announced the birth of his daughter. Congrats, CC!

In Business

Martin Lindeskog is starting his own business! Good luck, Martin!

Update: Drat! He may already need it!

Support Our Troops!

Bubblehead has unearthed yet another good idea for those who want to thank our troops.

An Acquaintance Renewed

A friend I haven't seen in nearly ten years emailed me after reading my blog and correctly surmising my identity! It was great hearing from him again!

A Follow-Up

For those who have read my post on scientism, Adrian Hester makes a lengthy, but very good point in the comments about how scientism (or "physics envy") endangers the humanities.

-- CAV

Updates

Today: Updated Lindeskog's blurb.

No comments: