Possible Email Glitch

Friday, June 16, 2006

A correspondent yesterday informed me that I had reported his email address as spam.

This was done in error -- as it would have to be for anyone else I normally correspond with.

Although I suspect this was a simple case of me checking the wrong box, I want to be as certain as I can that it was. I mention this because much of the spam I receive is unintelligible junk. Much is from Japan, which makes me think that my MyWay account chokes on Unicode or some other common type of email formatting. This brings up the small, but distinct possibility that I have reported other legitimate email as spam, thinking I had received junk.

If you have attempted to send me email recently and found yourself reported as a spammer, please accept my apology, and please let me know. If there is a problem -- other than an uncharacteristic lapse of attention on my part -- I would like to know so I can correct it.

Thank you!

-- CAV

No comments: