Quick Roundup 395

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's a very crowded day for me. Perfunctorily blog ... set up an assay in the lab ... present to the department ... pack ... head up to Boston for a few days... sleep. The whole list is important, as is the order, particularly regarding the last step. (Although if I put my department to sleep first, perhaps I could catch a wink then....)

New Blog

I'm looking forward to becoming more familiar with Tito's Blog, which I added to the sidebar this morning just a couple of days after learning about it. Tito, who wonders whether he'll get in trouble on his history exam for, "defy[ing] the 'Nazi/communist' polar dichotomy," describes himself as, a "student, Objectivist and Linux fan from the UK".

Heh! Talk about a marked man!

Belated Congratulations

I was happy to see that Bubblehead pulled ahead and won -- and by a comfortable margin -- "Best Up and Coming Blog" in the 2009 Weblog Awards..

Silly Quiz Time

I haven't seen one of these I've wanted to take for a while...

What Keyboard Key Are You?

You Are "alt"

Some people might find you to be strange, mysterious, and even a bit off putting. You tend to be drawn to and influenced by alternative lifestyles. You're definitely not normal.

Once people get to know you, they realize you're interesting, intriguing, and very intelligent.

You have a lot of knowledge stored in that big brain of yours. Most of it is useless knowledge, but some of it is very useful.
(HT: Dithyramb)

Mindless Celebrations? Check. Honeymoon Over? Check.

The Obama Presidency is not even a day old and I have had a member of the Barack Obama Foreign Auxiliary celebrate the occasion by venting his spleen at my blog. We'll call it a two-fer and leave it at that!

And now, on to the rest of my day. Ugh!

-- CAV

Updates

1-22-09
: Fixed a formatting glitch.

No comments: