Snow, for a Time

Friday, December 25, 2009

For this week's post about things I enjoy, I'll display some snapshots I took during last weekend's snowfall in Boston. Snow can be especially beautiful around the time it falls, but it does get ugly and nasty quickly, and this foot of snow definitely had by Monday.

Fortunately, the mercury hit a blistering thirty-six degrees yesterday and the streets finally cleared enough that I could wear normal shoes again. (Don't get me started on the funk snow boots can track in if you don't take them off...) You might as well add, "not having to put boots on/take them off every time I leave/enter my house when Christmas shopping," to the list of things I like, too!






Needless to say, with Christmas just around the corner, I walked around to the front of that last building at bottom right to get a better shot of the wreath. At right is the cropped image.

In any event, I hope you enjoy these photos. I unfortunately do not have time to comment on them at any more length as I will have a plane to catch in a few hours.

This will be my last post until January 4 or possibly January 5. As usual this time of year, I take a week completely off from blogging and enjoy the holidays.

Here's wishing you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

See you in 2010!

-- CAV

4 comments:

Snedcat said...

Yo, Gus, Merry Cristmas (belatedly) and Happy New Year from all of us here! Oh, and Happy Holidays for all the Whitsuntide fans, Happy Hannukah, and so on.

Mike said...

Gus, you my brutha', but that is WAY too much snow. I'll be staying out here in the sunny Southwest. :)

Gus Van Horn said...

Heh!

Ironically, I was just out of town for a week and came back only to reset the dirty snow clock to essentially the same nasty state that it had been in just a couple of days before I left.

Gus Van Horn said...

Back at you, Snedcat. Sorry for the super-delayed and out-of-sequence response.

Just got back to the USA yesterday.