Revving Back Up

Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Image by Bernard Gagnon, via Wikimedia Commons, license.
The Van Horn family and some relatives were in various parts of Europe over the past week and change. Two highlights for me were the Acropolis Museum, which hadn't existed the first time I visited Athens way back in college, and the ruins of Delos, of which I hadn't been aware.

Our planning was slightly derailed by American Airlines, whose scheduling of multi-leg international flights leaves lots to be desired. It's two years in a row now we've been bumped from/had cancelled the first leg of an international flight and lost the first day of a vacation.

Here, the disruption took the somewhat counterintuitive form of me not having time on Thursday morning to finish the post I'd planned to complete and schedule for Friday, hence the hastily-added note on the last post.

Whatever I might have otherwise posted about "late or irregular blogging" would have been about equally inaccurate, as the combined trip schedule and physical arrangement of my accommodations were much more hostile to any writing endeavors than I expected, and certainly more so than they proved to be last year.

(I avoided Twitter altogether after last year's experience of having to reset my password multiple times upon being alerted to logins to my account that were obviously not me.)

All in all, it was a good trip, but I am glad to be back, and get back into my normal routine.

-- CAV

No comments: