That A to Z Meme

Sunday, August 12, 2007

I wasn't going to post tonight as I'm supposed to be working on another writing project....

But I have writer's block and sometimes, a diversion helps me get over that hump. So here goes....

A - Attached or Single: Attached. But I've been a "geographical bachelor" for the past month and a half, to use Navy parlance. I'll see my wife next week in Maine for a few days, but then she's back to Illinois. I'm looking forward to her being back home for good at the end of the month!
B - Best Friend: Mrs. Van Horn.
C - Cake or Pie: Pie. Specifically, rhubarb pie!
D - Drink of Choice: Beer. The type depends on my mood.
E - Essential Item: Computer.
F - Favorite Color: Green.
G - Gummi Bears or Worms: Yes.
H - Hometown: Jackson, Mississippi
I – Indulgence(s): A good book, an empty schedule, cool weather, a comfy couch, and a blanket.
J - January or July: January, which is sometimes almost spring-like here in H-town.
K - Kids: Ask me again in about a year.
L - Life is incomplete without: Mrs. Van Horn
M - Marriage Date: Circa Christmas.
N - Number of Siblings: 2 younger brothers.
O - Oranges or Apples: Yellow apples.
P - Phobias/Fears: Phobias? None. Fears? Yeah. Anything that can actually harm me.
Q - Favorite Quote: "Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." -- Thomas Jefferson
R- Reason to smile: I see my wife. (This reminds me of my favorite musical quote: "It's not because I smile that I'm happy.\\ It happens every time you pass my way." -- Dr. Ring Ding in "Your Sympathy")
S - Season: Fall
T- Tag Three: What Rational Jenn -- who gave me the idea for this meme -- said.
U - Unknown Fact About Me: When I met each of Leonard Peikoff and John Lewis for the first time, I did not recognize either, and realized who they were only afterwards.
V - Vegetarian or Oppressor of Animals Normal, Healthy, and Omnivorous: Omnivorous. How the hell is eating meat -- a behavior other animals also exhibit -- somehow "oppressive" only when humans do it?
W - Worst Habit: (Cough!) Procrastinating. This little exercise is a bit of that, too.
X - X-rays or Ultrasounds: X-rays.
Y - Your Favorite Foods: Having answered this before, I'll go with a Maine favorite: Lobster rolls! (And yes, I've been to Red's Eats!)
Z- Zodiac: (Rolling my eyes....) Since the stars determine everything about my personality anyway, why do I have to tell you?
Okay. Back to the grindstone.

-- CAV

No comments: